It seems like I caught the bug and I do not mean the flu bug.
I am happy that I can finally show you this. I took book binding a step further and created this.
I used watercolor paper where I used Distress Ink as its background. I have to admit that it was alot of fun to do. I also painted the cardboard white and used duct tape on one side to reforced the holes before covering the whole thing in tissue paper which was also colored with Distress Inks as well. I also had to glue the book pages on its fold because in my earlier attempt, I torn the pages while sewing it together.
I gave this book to Lady L which was suppose to be over the holidays, but as you can guess, this was the one that I had a postage mishap. Quite honestly, I am happy that it arrived safely. I had a history of lost parcels or having them confisicated. (I tried to send pasta shaped like maple leaves to Australia which customs confisicated it because it was against food regulation.) And I have to admit that I am quite curious of what she is going to do with this.
I ended making two more of these books.
I might be using the smaller book as mail art. I’m not sure yet. However the irony of this mail art is that I received some today. Unfortunately. I am going to have to wait until after the move until I can do anymore mail art and my ATCs.
Which by the way, the moving date is still up in the air due to paperwork. So right now, I am working on projects and doing some onlie research on displays for the sale in November. So yes, this whole move thing is driving me crazy. I packed all of the stuff that I do not need at the moment and started cleaning. However I worked better if I have a deadline. Maybe it is the motivation or I am so used to having deadlines.
But I digress, with the 3 books I made, I have 7 art journal altogether. If you checked my earlier posts, I had already posted about two of the journals.
I’m trying an experiment of making an art journal where the background is already done. It is a slow progress due the paint drying and coming up with ideas.
However this had inspired me to do a junk journal. Except when I found out that you need to use an old book, a part of me cringed at the thought of cutting up the first editions of “Alice in Wonderland” or “Tale of Two Cities.” I brought this old Sherlock Holmes book at a thift store which was published in the 80s, I think. So I felt alittle better.
Except I’m not happy of how the results. I know you are supposed to use junk mail, except nowadays, with everything you can get online in cluding junkmail. The only junk mail I recieved is made from newsprint. Where I fear the ink will rub off onto other pages.
The reason that I am not happy is that these pages are narrower than the book.
I’m sorely tempted to make another book with these pages. But again, I am holding off until after the move. Or that is the plan, but lately, it has been changing.