I have been avoiding it for a while, knowing full well, it will cause a great distraction and it will increase my “2014 New Years Resolution”. And I was right. I have at least 4 more blankets that I want to try. A couple of intarsia charts which oddly enough, two of them are from the quilt blankets. My 600 some items may end up to 800 if I am not careful. However I found a few ideas of cheap, but good ideas of storage for the new house. But these are think that I would never thing of. Which by the way, I still do not know the moving date which is driving me nuts.
I also been looking at ideas of what to do for the sale in November. Mainly for my cards. I found a few pictures and ideas for display, but they are either too big or too expensive. And yes, I know it is January, but if I need to build it or order it, it is going to take time which I do not wish to rush. But I have found 6 ideas that I can do.
- Since I made gift tags over the Christmas holidays which I received great response, why not make them for the sale? I can use up all of the paper scraps. They may not be the ones I made earlier, since I have to put care instruction and price. But it may make an impression on them.
- Use mini chalkboard as prices. Granted, it will probably be for the cards, dishcloths, tags and albums, since my scraves and my animals are priced differently.
- Make a ton of ATCs and have a little box with a little sign, “Take One.”
- Use a metal slinky and insert my business cards.
- Place smaller items in fishbowls together. I’m thinking gift tags. But I am a wee bit nervous of using glass. I have broken glass through the mail and transport.
- Have an album of your past orders like the bears I have done for Christmas, and the album I made for Australia.
I fear that I have a lot of more research to do. I need something different for my cards. So far, nothing. I also might think of how to display my hats. The mannequins head would be great, but shipping cost, cost more than the item.