Original Things

Original things for original people.


Leave a comment

Here Comes Peter Rabbit . . .

I finally finish the Easter stuff for Koda’s Kountry,which will be pick up tomorrow.

SAM_1590

And oddly enough, none of them were on the New Year Resolution list.

Right at this moment, I’m currently working on a few Mother’s Day card, which I’m hoping that I will be finish by tomorrow.  Which ironically, I do have a “Happy Mother’s Day” stamp, and yet no Easter stamp.  Go figure.  However yesterday, it is safe to say that I had a bad card day.  Which means none of the cards turned out any good.  It happens, what can you do?  I’m hoping after I finish writing this post, I am going to have a better card day.

I’m also taking the weekend off from knitting and crocheting things for Original Things.  I need a break.  I’m also kicking myself for not working on the Mother’s Day cards a few days earlier instead of doing some art journaling.  Then maybe, I can take a break from the cards as well.  Oh well, live and learn.


Leave a comment

Been Bitten By The Book Bug . . . Again

If any of you have some time, please check out SeaLemon’s channel on You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/user/SeaLemonDIY   This is where I learned of how to bind books which I made these.

SAM_1557

If you do not mind me blowing my own horn, I think I have improved.  Besides the fact, two of the journals, the maps have been glued upside down and the top red one, the stitching is wrong.  It became undone after the stitching.

However I’m still thinking that the cover needs something.  More Va Va voom, thing.  To which, I have no idea.  I have been toying the idea of using polymir clay on the cover of the journals.  It is a great idea, except I need to buy the clay and other supplies which at the momenet, I do not know of what it is.  I’m going have to speak to Lady L about this.  And right now, money is tight due to car repairs, new glasses and a hearing aid.

What really blew me away that my “Journaling Bug” has been reblogged by Haven of Inspiration at http://havenofinspiration.wordpress.com/ .  I honestly didn’t know that it could be done.  This tells you of how much of a genius I am when it comes to computers.  I’m still trying to figure out of how to add links.

But the good news is that Koda’s Kountry shown me some interest in selling the books for me.  But I am still foggy of how much to charged them considering that they are made from left over supplies.

But it does give me happiness know that I have a buyer interested.  Now I need some ideas and of course, supplies.  However I am planning to use the delay to the look for some more ideas for junk jourals.  They need to be practical.

As well as I have huge Easter order for Koda’s Kountry.  I finished these Easter cards a few days ago.  Which I think they are absolutely adorable.

SAM_1566 SAM_1577

I also have four bunnies complete, two baskets and one bunny in progress.  I’m hoping to get the little guy done and do another basket.  Except I have less a week to complete it.

But unfortunately, this delays the completion of the dragon adn the Facebook Page.

I hope everyone has a good Easter.


Leave a comment

Items #7, #8, and #9

I can scratch three more items off of the 2014 New Years Resolution.

These are Amish Diamond Squares from the “Knit Dishcloths”.  Squares that were inspired by quilt blocks.

SAM_1527         SAM_1529

The mint green is made from cotton yarn while the gold and red is from worst weight yarn.  It was from my oddball stash, so I do not know the which brand I used.  I just thought that since I had the pattern out for the dishcloth, I might as well make the two squares that were on the list.

The original plan was to make 30 squares (2 squares each pattern).  Noticed the word “original”  The squares measured 7 3/4″ by 8″ square.  If I went with the 5 squares by 6 squares layout, that would have given me 38 3/4″ by 48″  That is about a children’s blanket (42″ by 48″) or a lapghan for seniors home (36″ by 48″).  And according to my calculations, if I wanted to make a regular adult afghan, (48″ by 72″), the layout will be 7 squares by 9 squares.  63 squares in total, 4 squares per pattern.  My list has increased once again.  The only good thing of this so far is that I used up two balls from my stash collection.

In other news, Lady L showed me a new market, something for Original Things.  That is the good news, the bad news since my website is still down, I’m going to have to hussle my bussle and get my facebook page up and running.  It means that I have to make new things, just for the page.  Except it takes me about 2 weeks to make a big bear, rabbit and elephant, and about a week to make smaller critters, a couple of hours for a dishcloth and two nights for a scarf.  I’m already starting to feel my anxiety riding up on me.