I can scratch three more items off of the 2014 New Years Resolution.
These are Amish Diamond Squares from the “Knit Dishcloths”. Squares that were inspired by quilt blocks.
The mint green is made from cotton yarn while the gold and red is from worst weight yarn. It was from my oddball stash, so I do not know the which brand I used. I just thought that since I had the pattern out for the dishcloth, I might as well make the two squares that were on the list.
The original plan was to make 30 squares (2 squares each pattern). Noticed the word “original” The squares measured 7 3/4″ by 8″ square. If I went with the 5 squares by 6 squares layout, that would have given me 38 3/4″ by 48″ That is about a children’s blanket (42″ by 48″) or a lapghan for seniors home (36″ by 48″). And according to my calculations, if I wanted to make a regular adult afghan, (48″ by 72″), the layout will be 7 squares by 9 squares. 63 squares in total, 4 squares per pattern. My list has increased once again. The only good thing of this so far is that I used up two balls from my stash collection.
In other news, Lady L showed me a new market, something for Original Things. That is the good news, the bad news since my website is still down, I’m going to have to hussle my bussle and get my facebook page up and running. It means that I have to make new things, just for the page. Except it takes me about 2 weeks to make a big bear, rabbit and elephant, and about a week to make smaller critters, a couple of hours for a dishcloth and two nights for a scarf. I’m already starting to feel my anxiety riding up on me.