To be honest, this was my second attempt at this video. I actually was almost finished with the first video when my phone shut down and somehow the whole footage was deleted. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. The link to the video is:https://youtu.be/LaRWZR5Pq1g
The supplies I used were:
- Tim Holtz’s Distressed Ink:
- Mowed Lawn
- Peacock Blue
- Antique Linen
- Pickled Raspberry
- Mustard Seed
- Spiced Marmalade
- Firebrick Red
- Ranger Black Archival Ink
- Sponge Daubers
- Double-sided Tape
- Foam Tape
- Tape Runner
- 2 ½ circle die cut or punch
- Heating gun
- White Cardstock – cut 4 7/8 by 6 7/8 inches
- 5 ½ by 8 ½ inches , or the rest of the 8 ½ by 11 inch white cardstock
- 5 by 7 green cardstock
- Green cardstock scrap for matting the sentiment
- “Happy Mother’s Day” stamp from Recollection stamps
- Light green and dark green Stradtler Marsgraphic duo watercolor markers. Or any water based markers or watercolor is fine
For some strange reason, it is called the teabag folding which honestly, I have no idea why. But here is the link to the folding instructions. https://indulgy.com/post/UrN29SOCg2/instructions-for-the-dahlia-tea-bag-fold-use-wit
But I will say that you do not have to use cardstock when folding the flowers, you can use plain paper. Or heck, skip coloring the part and used pattern scrapbook paper. I would recommended of using thicker paper like 140 lb watercolor. It will make it harder to folder. I also used a tape runner on the inside of the folding to keep the flowers folded down.
Other than that, everything has been good. The weather has been finally warming despite the rain, but it is better than snow.
I decided that it would be fun to try this challenge. I already have a few ideas and hoping to get started on it today after I am finished here.
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing good.