I know it seemed ages since I last blogged and posted a video. It has been so hot with temperatures reaching up to 34C. The air conditioner has been on all of the time. And of course, it is right beside the computer. In order to work on this computer, I have to turn off the air conditioner. And honestly, that wasn’t going to happen. My dad almost suffered a heat stroke from this heat. Not to mention, I have been sick. It has been too hot where I can’t eat and that made me feel more sick. Terrific.
So during this heat wave, it was my parent’s 62nd wedding anniversary. No, it is not a typo, they are actually married for 62 years. What is their secret? I already asked my mother that and she had no idea.
The video of the card is : Anniversary Card
The supplies I used are:
- Truck stamp from CLDo1 from Stampendous. Xmas Stamp and Die – You can use holiday stamps for regular cards, just use your imaginations.
- Watercolor scrap paper – in this case, I used 120 lb paper
- Tim Holtz’s reinker, Vintage Photo
- Recollection Paint Brushes – Black
- Small round brush
- Cuttlebug with the plates
- Beige cardstock measuring 4 by 4 1/2 inches
- Clearly sentimental Stamp, about Anniversaries from My Favourite Things
- Double-sided tape
- White Glue
- Recollection Red Card – 5 by 6 1/2 inche
- Kraft Cardstock – 4 6/8 by 6 1/4
- Black Archival Ink from Ranger
- Clear Emboss Powder
- Anti-Static bag
- Washi Burlap Tape – 6 1/4 inch long
I almost finished another video which I planned to post next week, assuming the weather is on my side.
Other than that, things have been slow cause of this heat. I am trying to get some stuff done for the Bentley sale in November and December. It takes up to two weeks to knit a scarf for example. And before I know, it will October and I am going be one mad knitter.
I hope everyone stays cool in this summer.